Amazon SEO 101: A Seller’s Guide
As an Amazon FBA seller, your Amazon SEO strategy is one of the most powerful tools in your arsenal. Considering Amazon’s huge customer base, as well as their internal competition, employing SEO best practices, such as listing optimization, for your Amazon products can make a significant difference in driving awareness of your brand among potential customers and increasing sales.
If you’re unfamiliar with Amazon’s SEO practice or algorithm, don’t worry. In this guide, we break down everything you need to know about Amazon SEO and how to use product listing optimization to your advantage.
What is SEO and Why Does it Matter?
The term SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It refers to the practice of identifying and strategically placing high-performance keywords into your online copy. This makes it more likely for customers to stumble upon your Amazon storefront and buy from you.
Why are SEO services necessary as an Amazon seller?
Even if your online store is flush with quality products, that alone isn’t enough to compete with Amazon’s countless other brands. In fact, improving your Amazon SEO is important because:
- Online businesses are growing – The eCommerce world is increasing exponentially. With nearly 2 million small and medium-sized Amazon businesses and third-party sellers currently online, enhanced brand content with an SEO strategy is crucial in helping you stand out among the competition.
- Amazon has a large market – With over 300 million customers across 180 countries, Amazon’s consumer market holds unfathomable potential for your brand’s Amazon product listing.
- SEO encourages forward momentum – With help from the algorithm, an improved SEO strategy helps rank your products higher in Amazon search results, leading to more views and potentially more salesfor your Amazon store.
How Does the Amazon Ranking System Work?
While SEO practices seem straightforward, they can differ slightly depending on the platform. For instance, the Amazon SEO algorithm is different from the Google SEO algorithm. Understanding the different ways to excel on each platform by utilizing keyword optimization and SEO strategies can enhance your online visibility and result in learning how to boost sales on Amazon.
To that end, let’s break down two components of the Amazon SEO ranking factor; relevance and performance.
Relevance Ranking Factors
Before displaying your content to potential customers, Amazon’s algorithm will analyze it for relevant SEO information. If your products meet SEO service criteria, Amazon will rank them higher in customer search results.
Some factors that fall under the relevancy category include:
- Product title
- Product description
- Product features
- Brand name
Performance Ranking Factors
Along with relevancy, performance is also taken into account in the Amazon product listing optimization strategy. Performance measures how many of your Amazon product views turn into sales. With a favorable proportion of views to sales, Amazon will likely place your products higher in search results.
To better understand your performance, pay attention to your:
- Click-through rate
- Conversion rate
By improving your relevancy and performance scores, you can raise your product rankings in customer’s Amazon search results, increase brand awareness, and drive sales.
How to Use SEO to Your Advantage
So, how do you implement an effective Amazon SEO strategy? While there are many avenues to consider, we’ve identified three that should live at the top of your list of priorities:
- Keyword research– Identifying high-performing keywords is an incredibly effective way to improve your SEO strategy. Start by looking into relevant and popular keywords that surround your products. It’s essential to ensure these keywords are popular in Amazon’s search bar in particular (since that’s the platform you’re using). One way to test for popularity is by manually entering words into Amazon’s search bar and paying attention to the autofill feature.
- Improve listing titles – Titles give customers a quick snapshot of your product, so make sure to be descriptive and precise. For a quick and easy formula that will catch the eye, try titles like Brand + Product + Top Feature + Model/Size + Color.
- Optimize each item’s product description – Your product descriptions should include the keywords you spent time researching. Make sure to also include all the features customers would likely search for and similar descriptions. For instance, if you’re selling a sweatshirt, feel free to use other descriptive words, like hoodie, pullover, or sweater. Using bullet points can also help you stay concise while packing in plenty of keywords.
Additionally, Amazon seller feedback can also have a say in how your product ranks, so if you’re wondering how you can improve and maintain a high seller feedback rating, make sure to read up on the topic so your product listing can perform well.
By employing these search result tactics, you may experience increased visibility or an influx of sales. It’s also important to note that you can always look into backend keywords or Amazon’s FBA advertising tools for more advanced SEO methods.
Let Forum Brands Optimize Your Amazon FBA Business
Empowering your brand through Amazon search engine optimization can take time and commitment. The results, however, will speak for themselves. But what happens when your growing business faces an influx of needs you can no longer easily acquire, and you decide to look for options tosell your Amazon FBA?
At Forum Brands, we like to offer a solution.
We buy businesses from sellers seeking an exit strategy. Whether you can’t keep up with the resources or merely wish to explore other endeavors, we provide a hassle-free acquisition process so that your Amazon storefront can continue to thrive. Reach out to learn more about optimizing your business—and your life—with Forum Brands.
Amazon. Amazon Stats: Growth, Sales, and More. https://sell.amazon.com/blog/grow-your-business/amazon-stats-growth-and-sales