How to Promote Amazon Products on Facebook & Increase Sales
As consumers seek solutions to their changing needs and have more freedom to shop in person, savvy Amazon FBA sellers can promote their products on one of the pioneering social platforms: Facebook.
With just under three billion users, Facebook remains the largest social media app today. Along with helping you to simply meet your customers where they are, Facebook advertising for Amazon products can be a key avenue to drive new prospects to your product listings and increase Amazon sales.
Let’s take a look at how you can elevate your Amazon advertising strategy, why this platform is so useful, and how to promote Amazon products on Facebook.
Promoting Your Amazon Listings on Facebook: A Simple Guide
Facebook Ads Manager offers a step-by-step experience that allows you to tweak and customize your goals. To begin, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Set up a Facebook account and page for your business, if you haven’t already done so.
- Gather the links for your optimized, high-quality Amazon listing pages.
- Determine the amount you’re willing to spend on the Facebook ad campaign and set a budget.
- Upload images, banner art, and/or videos fitting specifications for the ad space(s) you want.
- Adjust your ad targeting settings based on your ideal customer persona: Who are your customers, and what do they have in common?
- Decide how long you want ads to run. You may also want to set a schedule for when you review their performance, at which time you can adjust your settings if needed.
- Optionally, you can also set up landing pages to capture potential customer emails and provide offers and promotions.
Once you have completed these steps, you’re ready to begin promoting your products. If this is your first time promoting on Facebook, you may want to start simple until you get the hang of it. Try out one or two products, see how they work, and adjust your ad set and budget as needed, depending on the results you see.
Optimizing Your Product Pages and Ads
To successfully promote your products on Facebook, one of the most important steps to do is to optimize your Amazon listing pages. Make sure they have:
- Well-written, accurate product descriptions and details
- Images and videos that are appealing, high-quality, and correctly sized
- 20 to 30 positive customer reviews
- Highly ranked keywords
- No unanswered customer questions
- A four- to five-star rating
Amazon Facebook ads can be a simple project to launch if you prefer to start with the basics of digital advertising. But if you want to expand your reach even further, they can grow to intricate campaigns that incorporate:
- Performance testing
- A wide library of static and video ad art
- Ongoing refinement of customer targeting
- Frequent analysis of key performance indicators, including click and conversion rates
- Pre-product landing pages to capture emails (Facebook shares them, Amazon does not)
Why Advertise Your Amazon Products on Facebook?
Throughout 2021, Facebook ad impressions increased by 10% year-over-year—a statistic that might be surprising, considering that the app dates back to 2004. As competition for product sales increases in this tight-budget economy, Facebook can help your stats through several facets:
#1 A Large Number of Engaged Users
As of early 2022, Facebook boasted 2.91 billion active monthly users, of which 1.93 billion are daily active users. In addition, the sheer range of different audiences using Facebook (and the loyalty with which they use it) means you can likely find customers there, no matter what you’re selling. Consider these statistics:
- 31% of users are between the ages of 25 and 35 years, and 22.6% are 18 to 24
- Four countries have more than 100 million users: India (329M), the United States (179M), Indonesia (129M), and Brazil (116M)
- Facebook users open the app eight or more times daily on average
- The average Facebook user in the U.S. spends 38+ minutes per day on the app
#2 Deep Customer Targeting
Back in the early Facebook days—around 2007—the platform released Facebook Ads. This self-service system allowed businesses and brands to purchase targeted ads within the social media platform and target specific users to view them.
Since then, Facebook Ads Manager has become more sophisticated and allows you to pinpoint your target audience and build simple to complex campaigns.
Basic targeting options include:
- Location – Drill down to Amazon FBA countries and cities, and even include weather-based targeting for a particular locale (think: a sale on umbrellas). This is particularly valuable since location targeting is not currently available in the Amazon PPC ad system.
- Demographics – You can also target ads based on custom audience occupation, income, education level, family and marital status, race, and ethnicity. In addition, you can target published celebration dates like birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries.
- Interests – Music, sports, books, films, pets, politics—there’s a long list of possibilities in terms of the interests you can pinpoint. You can also cross-target. For example, someone promoting a composting Amazon product might target both foodie and sustainability interests.
- Behavior – You can also target questions like, do they manage Facebook groups or run a small business? What are their recent purchases? When and how do they engage with the platform? (And much more.)
- Connections – Target anyone who’s responded or engaged in any way with your Facebook pages, events, or posts (or who has mutual connections).
#3 An Ad System That Connects to Multiple Social Apps
Here’s more bang for your buck (and your time): you can opt to advertise on multiple platforms from within Facebook Ads Manager. Choices include:
Excelerate Your Growth with Forum Brands
Successful product marketing includes building a customer base and providing inbound traffic to your pages from sources external to Amazon. You can grow your business by investing in digital marketing staff or learning the ropes and refining your digital advertising campaigns yourself.
But if you’re ready for a different adventure, another way to grow your wealth is to sell your Amazon FBA to Forum Brands. We understand the value of your business and can provide a new home for your stable and secure Amazon FBA brand.
Whether it’s time to hit the road or invest in a new opportunity, selling your Amazon FBA can generate the funds for you to grow in a new direction.
Omnicore. 63 Facebook Statistics You Need to Know in 2022. https://www.omnicoreagency.com/Facebook-statistics/
Statistica. Most popular social networks worldwide as of January 2022, ranked by number of monthly active users. https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/
Statistica. Distribution of Facebook users worldwide as of January 2022, by age and gender. https://www.statista.com/statistics/376128/facebook-global-user-age-distribution/
Shopify Blog. 15 Facebook Ad Targeting Tips for 2022. https://www.shopify.com/blog/15-facebook-ad-targeting-tips-to-maximize-your-roi
Statistica. Leading countries based on Facebook audience size as of January 2022. https://www.statista.com/statistics/268136/top-15-countries-based-on-number-of-facebook-users/
Meta. Facebook Ads Guide. https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-guide/image